PC, Mac, Linux, Consoles
Available on Steam
English, Français, Español, Italiano, Polski, Русский, Română, Íslenska, 中文, 日本語, Tiếng Việt
In Bootleg Systems, you play agent Logan Blake, a member of the dystopian society our world has become at the dawn of the 23rd century.
In a time where humans can no longer conceive and maintain their corporal envelopes, humanity is forced to transfer their knowledge and conscience to machines. A worldwide artificial intelligence program is put in place to preserve our ideas and legacy until a solution to humanity's subsistence is found.
One day, a breach in the system occurs, allowing rogue agents to clone its data and create new systems used to serve alternative purposes. Your responsibility is to investigate these illegal systems, take possession of their intel, and shut them down to restore order.
Development of Bootleg Systems began in June 2015, but it all started as an idea on February of the same year. From June to August, the team developed the first playable prototype. Despite the first version being able to successfully showcase the impressive cloning powers of the Clone Gun, the game lacked depth and polish on every aspect. The team decided to sleep on the idea for a while and come back to it later with a fresh new perspective.
In March 2016, the team got back working full-time on developing Bootleg Systems. At last, the game has reached a point where it starts to feel like what it was meant to be. To celebrate the progress that was achieved in bringing the game closer to its release, the team is proud to launch the Bootleg Systems Pre-Alpha Demo in December 2016. The team is eager to start connecting with the world's gaming communities and engage in discussions, gather feedback, and co-create with them in order to be on track to publish the full version of Bootleg Systems in 2018. Since its release, the Bootleg Systems Demo has been played in over 60 countries.
- The revolutionary Clone Gun™ which allows you to clone and shoot items (copy and paste weapon)
- Single-player story-driven campaign
- Cyberpunk universe inspired by Blade Runner and Tron
- Balanced mix of shooting, puzzles, and platforming
- Worldwide leaderboards and player stats
Logo & Icon
- "I just kept cloning and shooting until the gun emptied and then I cloned some more."
- Serena Nelson, Cliqist
- "Overall, the game mechanics are simple, but the kind of simple that I quickly became addicted to."
- Will Morin, indielove
- "For whatever reason, there’s not as many indie developers looking to create FPSes as there are creating puzzle, platformer, or even adventure titles. [Neonable] is looking to change that with Bootleg Systems."
- Marcus Estrada, Hardcore Gamer
Neonable™ allows for the contents of Bootleg Systems™ to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Bootleg Systems™ is legally & explicitly allowed by Neonable™.
Neonable™ is a Canadian game studio founded by Gabriel De Roy in 2015. Bootleg Systems is Neonable's first game, and will define the kind of games the studio will create in the future.
More information on Neonable™, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Gabriel De Roy
Producer, Game Designer, Creative Director, Lead Programmer
Business Development Consultant
Music & Voice Overs
Audio Lead & Mastering
Helgi Tómas Gíslason
Steam Store Page
Steam Greenlight Page
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer)